Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lagoon!

After we said our goodbyes in Truckee, we spent our last night in our cabin and drove back to SLC Thursday and spent the night at Morgan & Fallon's.  Kandace still wets the bed sometimes but REFUSES to wear pull-ups (we can get them on her but she'll just take them off after we leave) so we decided that we'd go sneak them on her after she fell asleep while we were in Truckee.  This made for some really late, exhausting nights for Michael and I, because we were constantly waking up in the middle of the night worrying about our kids wetting the bed and taking turns taking them pee because one of the nights at Morgan's, Kandace apparently took hers off because she wet their mattress and I felt so bad I wanted to die.  Morgan & Fallon are 2 of the nicest people I know so they were really nice about it.  Have I mentioned how much I love them!??  We had plans to go to Lagoon the next morning but we considered throwing in the towel and just heading home instead because we were SO very tired and ready to be home again, but when we woke up the next morning, we decided to go to Lagoon!  We were glad we did ...  The kids were way excited and had a great time.




This was called the rattle snake rapids.  I knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into when I passed others coming OFF the ride who were soaking wet, but I thought it looked way fun.  I always LOVED amuzement parks when I was little and kinda wanted to relive my childhood here lol  SO I took S & K on this thing and there was a huge waterfall at the end that I didn't even see coming because I was smiling for the camera (see pic above).  So we hit the waterfall, got soaked, Stetson cried like a little girl and Kandace asked if we could go again.  HA

Dad & Kandace went one more time while Stetson & I took pics and laughed while THEY got soaked.



We went on lots of rollercoasters (I even went on a big one by myself while Michael watched the kids I then realized rollercoasters aren't as fun when you're an adult).  I have to include a short story about Stetson.  Stetson lately LOVES spooky stories and whenever we go to the library he requests a spooky Halloween book.  We bring them home and read them OVER and OVER again.  He's even written some of his own.  So when we saw a haunted house ride at Lagoon, I thought it would be fun (deep down I knew Stetson would hate it though).  I didn't want to force him so Kandace and I stood in line to go on it while Stetson stood back with Michael going back and forth about wanting to go.  Michael thought Stetson should go, so we made him ( I know, what kind of a parent does that?). YIKES!  He screamed and then just covered his eyes and buried his head in my armpit ...Kandace just covered her eyes.  Neither one of them made a PEEP during the whole ride while bloody goblins and skeletons jumped out at us.  Noone made a peep until we climbed off the cart and then Stetson broke down sobbing.  Really truly it was hilarious.   Its funny how Stetson & Kandace's personalities are so different.  Stetson is timid, Kandace is a go getter.
I LOVED spending the day with my family.  There's noone I'd rather spend my time with.  After Lagoon we went to Draper and met up with an old roommate, Brooke.  She lived with me my last semster of college and she is AWESOME.  I love her to peices and am so glad we stay in touch.   Our trip was fun, exhausting and exciting.  Michael was awesome and such a huge help.  I couldn't do any of this without him.  We were SO glad to be home in our own beds!

3 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun on your trip! The boys and I had fun looking at all your pictures.

Kimberly said...

What a fun way to spend time together as a family! I love looking at all your pictures!

The Asay's said...

What a great way to end your trip. Sounds like you guys had a fun time. All your pictures are cute!