Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Foulger Family reunion part III

I have a professional 4 generation photo of me when I was a baby, my mom, my gma Foulger & my great-grandma (grammy) Eva Howard.  I have it in Kandace's room and I've always wanted to get a professional one done of me, gma, Kandace/Janelle & mom but haven't been successful yet.  This photo is my best attempt so far.  After the lake, our little fam did lunch on our own.  Michael and I love watching the food channel, especially the ones where the host travels around the country and tries out the local favorites.  Michael especially has always wanted to do that so we hit up a local favorite in Truckee, which is called Smokey's kitchen.  Michael had a pork sausage sandwich whith sauted peppers and I had a bbq sandwich.  It was VERY good and fun to get off on our own for an hour.  In the afternoon we went to a really nice local swimming pool.  It had a kiddie pool, regular pool and a lap swim pool.  Michael, Heather & mom helped watch the kids so I could get in a few laps in the lap pool and it was way nice. 


Gabi was very friendly with the babies. lol she always wanted to pick them up which always ended with Janelle crying, but she survived.

We always had dinners at this cabin, which is where gma, Matt & Greg & their families stayed.  This pic was taken the last night when Greg & Carma made taco salad for everyone.  After dinner we had a talent show and celebrated gma's 85th birthday with icecream cake.


Grandma is pretty much amazing and has LOTS of hidden talents.  She used to sing, play the piano, country line dance (she still goes and dances on weekends with friends) and when she was in college she was a majorette in the Utah State band and performed in many prestigious performances across the US.  She delighted us with a little routine for the talent show.  I was hoping to sing some Johnny Cash with Todd that night but noone brought a guitar but Stetson represented our family well with a reading for us.  He was SO CUTE when he tried to read it the first time and couldn't stop laughing.  I sat him down and asked if he wanted to try again later, which he did and he did a great job.






mom decided that Janelle needed a good old fashioned sink bath (the way she always bather her 7 kids).  Janelle was a HUGE fan. 

No comments: