Friday, July 6, 2012

Janelle's 1st birthday party

On Janelle's birthday we had a wild and crazy party!!  We were THRILLED that so many could come share in her special day.  Michael had to work that day but got home soon enough to help get things ready and grill up some burgers and hotdogs.  My super duper crafty/creative sis in law Kambrie came to my rescue and decorated Janelle's cake, hung streamers outside and helped with some other last minute things.  Michael and I set up a little volleyball net our neighbor loaned us and we had our little blow up pool filled up with water and EVEN had water balloons compliments of Jill.  This is where things got crazy!  As soon as we got those suckers out, all the kids went crazy but it was way fun to watch them.  Even Jacob and Michael Simmons got thrown in the pool.  We love our family and are GRATEFUL for all they do for us.  happy birthday Janelle!!! 




this is when the water balloon party started

After we sang to Janelle, she just dug her little fist in the cake and held it there for about a minute.  I was wondering if she was even going to try it.  Michael eventually gave her a taste and then she was all over it!!


She cried when I took a star decoration out of her mouth because I didn't want her to choke.


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Love the picture of her crying with the cake. :)

Jill Asay said...

Janelle is such a cutie. It was fun to watch her dig into her cake!

Mark & Shayla said...

"Its my party and I'll cry if I want to."- Janelle. It looks like the party was a success!