Thursday, February 19, 2009

For some reason I haven't has much time to blog lately!!! :) Things are going really well, I'm glad that first week is over, it always seems to be the most stressful. Kandace is doing awesome, after a few days under the lamp her levels went from 15.8 to 10, so we're glad thats all over. She's eating awesome and getting on a 2 1/2 hr eating schedule which has been such a lifesaver. It gives me some kind of control/predictability in my life and gives me much needed tome to give Stetson some attention. Stetson LOVES his little sister. I couldn't be happier about his reaction to the whole thing--I just have to watch him really close and make sure he doesn't get carried away. :) He loves to point to her little features and name them... "Nose", "Mouth" etc.

Last weekend Jan & Dorthy came (Michael's mom & gma) and helped me SO much. I'm really grateful that they could come.
Michael's interview in Seattle was yesterday and he thought it went really well. I'm so happy to have him back home!

Jan definitely has the touch so I asked her to give Kandace her first bath--it went very smoothly, definitely better than when we gave Stetson his first bath. He screamed through the whole thing.
4 generations
Jill sent us the most DARLING girl clothes and a present for the "big brother." Stetson loved it!

12 comments:

jsmbbaker said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well, and that Michael is back... that has got to make you feel so much better! I can't wait to see you guys!

Em said...

That is great that the first week went great. I have always been scared to have another I just htink of it being so crazy. You are for sure so lucky to have help. I am sure it helps a ton.

Brenda said...

I've been thinking about you guys, thanks for the update. Love all the pictures!

Jill Asay said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the gifts! I love the close up picture of Kandace...can't wait to see the rest of the ones that Kara took!

laura said...

I still can't believe you have a baby girl! She is so pretty. i wish I could hold her! I am glad things are doing well.

laura said...

I still can't believe you have a baby girl! She is so pretty. i wish I could hold her! I am glad things are doing well.

Mark & Shayla said...

She is so adorable--can't wait to see her in person.

KrIStiN said...

I am so excited that our babies are so close together, only 5 days apart! It is so fun, anyway..Kaydree is on no schedule whatsoever!! ha ha, it's killin me! Some nights she sleeps and sleeps so good, and then other nights she is bright eyed and wide awake! My other two girls have still decided that they will not sleep through the nite, so usually on the nights where Kaydree is sleeping really good, my other two are up crying, for some reason! I hope to get her on some sort of a routine, it's much easier, I think the hard part is actually getting them into a routine and sticking to it! YIKES, wishing us both luck!! :) Kandace is adorable, and I forgot to tel you I love her name, that was one of the names we were thinking for kadree! Crazy!!

Stefany said...

Em, she is beautiful! Congrats, I am glad to hear things went well, and I am so sorry the first epidural didn't work. I can't believe you pushed for only 10 minutes! I pushed for an hour and a half! What a cute little family you have! If you need anything PLEASE let us know!!

Jamie said...

I'm very behind in the blogging world these days. Just stopped by to find out if you had the baby yet...

I can't believe you got your girl!! I didn't know that was possible in the Simmons family (except for Clay, of course). She is so sweet. We're thrilled for you!

Kara said...

Any time really. I should be home most of the day except to take Katelyn to school and pick her up.

Sarah B. said...

What a sweet baby...how fun!