Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bathing beauty


Well these last few days have been a little crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way because we love our baby Kandace. She is such an angel. Kind of an "orange" angel though, as our pediatrician said. She has jaundice and if your bilirueben level is 15 or above then you have to treat it with a lamp, and her level was 15.8 so she's been "tanning" all day. Lucky girl. I'm really relieved that she's doing so well with the whole thing--she likes to be swaddled and she can't be swaddled in it so we got her a little binkie that she sucks on sometimes and then she sucks on our pinky to keep her happy. We're having her levels checked again tomorrow morning and hopefully we'll be done with the lamp and can have more snuggle time.
We're excited to have Michael's mom and grandma here visiting this weekend.

16 comments:

Teri said...

Jan sure looks good holding a grand-DAUGHTER for a change. ;)

Jill Asay said...

She looks so cute! We can't wait to meet her!

Sarah B. said...

Emily, I am so glad you are doing well and that Kandace is too! She is beautiful...I can't wait to see you guys!

Brenda said...

Everybody looks GREAT!

joelle said...

Emily! She is beautiful!! Congratulations! I need to come visit you guys!

nina said...

Callie was jaundice too. I hated leaving her under that lamp all day, because I just wanted to hold her how I wanted and not be attached to a cord. Hopefully your little girl will be of it soon.

jsmbbaker said...

Jan's first baby girl! How exciting, and you finally aren't the only girl! Isn't it fun? Can't wait to see you guys!

Ranee` said...

That is sure a huge smile on Jan's face!! :)

Shana said...

Emily! Congradulations on your baby girl! I'm so happy that everything went so well, (except for the epidural part) and that your husband was able to be there with you. PHEW! Now that that is all over, you can relax a little! YEAH RIGHT! :)

XOXO!

laura said...

Aw! She is so cute! I want to see more pictures of her up close. Who does she look like do you think? How are you doing?

Mandi Burrell said...

My nephew Travis had to use one of those when he was born, we called it a borg machine...not fun to have to lay them down when all you want to do is hold them, good luck with the check up.

Kara said...

She's just beautiful Emily! I can't wait to see her. Jason comes home for a weekend visit on Friday so thats the only day this week that wouldn't work. Tomorrow, Wednesday, any day really is good for me. You pick the day since your schedule is more hectic than mine. I take katelyn to school at 8:00 and I leave to pick her up at about 2:45. Other than that I am at home. Let me know what works for you.

Kimberly said...

How did Kandace's levels turn out after being on the light? Hailey had severed jaundice when she was first born. We were very lucky that they gave us a bili-blanket to take home, so she was on the light all day long, but at least we could hold her!

Linda said...

She is beautiful! So is her grandmother Jan.

Kara said...

Yeah that should work, as long as it stays light enough. I don't think it gets dark until 5:30, but with it being so overcast it might be sooner. We'll try it at 4:00 and go from there.

Jamie said...

Congratulations Emily! What a beautiful baby girl!!!