Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing from heaven


Kandace Asay
born February 10th, 2009
7 lbs 11 oz
20 in


Well I must be a true blogger if I'm posting less than 24 hrs after givine birth...BUT I had to show off our beautiful girl. I'll try to give you the low down in a shortened version-- we were admitted about 7:30 am yesterday, they "started" me at 8:34 am, a few hrs later I was a good 3, but not much happened after that despite the constant walking we did. So at about 4pm they gave me a really low dose of pitosin, and still not much happened SO then at about 5 or 6 (I've already forgotten a lot of details) Dr. Keeler broke my water and wam. Thats all it took. Not 5 minutes later my contractions were getting a lot more intense. My contractions were manageable for like the next hr and a half, and I thought I was going to be able to do it w/ out the epidural, but I caved and said "epidural please!!" After what seemed like forEVER the nurse anesthetist made her glorious appearance but unfortunately the results weren't so glorious. The epidural ended up not working, (did anyone else think it was REALLY hard having to sit there that still AND contract at the same time?) so she tried again and still no luck. So by this point I seriously think I'm going to die because I'm feeling every contraction still and at this point in the game they're inTENSE. AND they made Michael leave the room while they put the epidurals in which was really hard. Anyway, I was at a 6 after the first epidural and by the end of the 2nd I was complete so I pushed for like 10 minutes and she was out. It was amazing, of course and I bawled like a baby and we are so grateful for our little miracle.
We're both doing so good, Kandace is eating like a champ--its so much easier the second time around!! I have a lot less anxiety about things this time and have been able to rest some which has been great.



Matthew & Charlene have been our little angels helping with Stetson and everything else. Thanks guys, we love you!
Matthew holding his first neice
Its possible that Stetson was more excited about this blue ball than a new sister. :)



33 comments:

The Asay's said...

Emily, You really are a true blogger. We are so excited about your new baby girl. And Stetson has been a joy to have at our house. Lets us know when you get home if you ever need us to take him for a day for a break. We love you guys

laura said...

I am so glad you were able to blog! I have been checking your blog constantly hoping to see pictures. Yeah you have your girl!! I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful baby! Love you!!

Emily S. said...

Congratulations Emily!! I got your picture on my phone this morning and had to go down to the hotel computer and see if you posted!! Glad I checked and everything went great!! Glad it was a girl too!!

Tracy said...

CONGRATS!!! How CUTE is the first Asay Girl?!! LOVE the name. By the way, you look AMAZING....blogging already too!! :-)

Teri said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well. You both look great...can't wait for more pics. :) Yay for an Asay girl!

Aspen said...

What a cute name! She is beautiful! I'm glad to hear everything went well! Congrats!!!
Do you guys have enough meals for this week ??? Let us know if we can help!

Brenda said...

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

The Gilmore's said...

Emily, she is so beautiful! Congrats and we are glad evrything went well!

nina said...

That is so exciting! She is beautiful. I am so glad that you got the girl you wanted.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! You are a true blogger. Thanks for sharing with us! She is adorable! Congrats, hope you are felling well, you looked great in the pics!

jsmbbaker said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you blogged already- that's flippin' awesome! So she is beautiful, and you look great! I can't wait to see her in person and give her a present! That's my favorite part about babies- giving them stuff and seeing them the first time!

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you are a true blogger, because I've been anxiously waiting for news of your little girl's arrival! Congratulations!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Congrats!! I think it is great that you had a girl! She is beautiful just like her mom:)

Unknown said...

Congrats! Little girls are so fun. I am so glad she really was a girl. I was a little nervous for you:)

Maria said...

Congratulations! She is a doll! Let me know if you need meals or if we can watch Stetson for you.

LDA said...

Congratulations! Girls are so much fun!

Em said...

Congrats on the cute baby girl. It really sounds like your labor was easy from what you wrote at least in my opinion. That is so great and exciting for you. How many weeks were you when you went into labor?

Mark & Shayla said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted so fast. She is so, so beautiful!! Congrats! (You look so good by the way!)

Lauren said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats! I am so glad that you finally got your girl. I love her name, too. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She looks adorable and what a perfect little head. It sounds like you did an excellent job, now I hope you get a little rest.

The Simmons Six said...

wow! what a following you have. I am so happy for you. I hope every thing keeps going smooth. I am happy to see the pink blanket and that you got your girl! Happy Day!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Emily, she is beautiful!

Kristin said...

YAY! She is so sweet and I loved hearing all about it. Congratulations Emily!

Mandi Burrell said...

I know I am just one of many comments but congrats, she is adorable.

Sarah B. said...

She is PERFECT! You are amazing! Call me if you need anything!!!

Greg Becky said...

Congrats! I am glad that it is a little girl for sure this time. Greg's G-ma still remembers you visiting her and thinking that your first was going to be a girl. I'll have to share the good news with her. Little girls are fun!

ozzmom said...

She is so cute. What does Stetson think so far? Hope everything is going good. Congrats we finally have an Asay girl!!!

KrIStiN said...

emily...she is beautiful. I thought about you all day on Tuesday, and I'm so excited for you guys! Glad everything went well, and she is healthy!! So exciting!! Congrats again, she's a doll!

Nick & Lindi said...

That's so neat! I'm glad that everything went well! She is SO cute! :) I can't believe there is now an ASAY GIRL! :) CUTE name too!

Brett and Desiree said...

A real, live Asay/Simmons girl!! Amazing!:) We are so happy for you. Enjoy:)

Kim said...

I thought about you all day Tuesday. I'm so glad things went well and you have your baby girl.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a cutie!

lacey bassett said...

wow you already have 32 comments so I know you know everyone is so excited. but i just had to put my congrats in :) So congratulations!! I was in 4th ward today and your father in law was VERY excited! He was a little sad he hasn't got to hold her yet, but that was the first thing he told us.. when he saw lauren he said, i have a granddaughter now too! you look amazing :) keep it up!