Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monky see, monkey do...



So I was sitting in our chair today and looked up to find Stetson "clipping his toe nails." He'd found his baby clippers and went to town. It was so cute. Its funny how kids really do pick up on what we adults do, and then try it themselves.

We're excited that Michael's mom and grandma are coming today--after they stay with us for a night, they're going to McCook to see Christian & Jill. So I've been doing a little cleaning, I still need to wash some windows and probably pull some weeds in our "backyard." :) The weather is nice today, so we went to Washington park where Stetson and Michael played, and I took a run. There were a bunch of older men there running and I thought maybe they were doing some sort of charity run or something like that, and Michael said he thinks they're all in a "marathon training" class together. They run like twice a week and gradually improve their distance/time over like a 5 week period. I just have to say, I did run a couple 5k's, but a marathon is just beyond me. I think its great to work hard towards something and conquer great things, but for now I'm sticking to conquering weeds and dirty windows. :)

3 comments:

Jill Asay said...

That's funny...Carson does the same thing. He watches Christian do it all the time. I'm just glad he's picked up on that and not some of the other things Christian does...

Laura said...

Stetson is looking so grown up! He is a little toddler, not just a baby now! That is so cute he cuts his toenails. I never cut Tylie's because she hates her feet to be touched. It is a fight to get one toe cut!

Ranee` said...

I constantly notice all the little things that A.J. does that his dad does (okay, I'll admit it, he copies me too!) Most the time its super cute, at others I could do with out.