Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ever had one of those days?


First things first, this is not puke, its soup. So I've had a pretty bummer day. It all started at 6 am when I got a call to sub at Slade Elementary. No biggie, since Michael didn't have a field trip that day, he could watch Stetson. So I get there and things are going great--good lesson plans, good kids, yada yada yada. Well then the drama began. After lunch, it started raining, then it started hailing, then the town sirens went off because we were under alert for tornado warnings. So the principal came in over the loud speaker ordering us to take our classes out to the halls until the warning was lifted. Well after what seemed like forEVER, the warning lifted and we went back into the classroom. Principal comes in over the loud speaker again, "everyone please take your classes to the hall." So this was before 1 pm. Well long story short, I was stuck there until about 4 pm. No fun. I usually get home around 3, when Jeffi (our awesome friend who watches Stetson during the window Michael takes kids home after school) was expecting me. And not to mention, during all the craziness, I was unsure what was going on and starting to worry about Stetson and Michael. Anyway, fortunately for cell phones, I got a hold of Micahel & Jeffi and found out all was well, even though apparently there were multiple torando sitings in Laramie and surrounding areas, and one went through the jnr. high football field and totally took out a shed. Yikes.

Well I got home and was wanting to get busy fixing the meal for our friends we'd planned bring them tonight (they're expecting a baby and she just found out she had to be on "modified" bed-rest- yuck) BUT the power was out, so I tried to clean until the power came back on. Finally it came back on and I started cooking like a mad woman. About 2 hours later, we were finally ready to take everything over (a 1/2 hr late). Well my dear sweet husband who takes the brunt of my frustrations slipped on the snow when he was putting the hamburger soup in the car and that explains the picture. SO, he goes back in, puts more soup from the pot into the bowl and we head over to deliver the meal.

Anyway, just had to vent, I feel a little better now.

5 comments:

KrIStiN said...

Oh Emily..you are so cute! I have had bad days like that...don't you hate those? If something goes wrong first thing in the morning you're destined to be in for it the rest of the day, you seem to be in such high spirits though..you always seem so happy, and make the best of everything..I love reading your blog!!

nina said...

Emily, I wouldn't take personally whatever that person had to say. The only people that are rude enough to say that are judgemental and think that somehow they are better because they haven't needed help financially. Well their not! The programs are there to help give people a step up to get in a better position. Someday you and Michael will be in a better position and you won't need it anymore. You will be educated and have a good career and will start putting your money into the tax system and programs. I'm sure that you will be more than happy when other young couples are benefitting from the money that you put into it. It's a wonderful program if you ask me, of course some people can abuse it, but people can choose to abuse any system if they want too. It is insensitive for people to label someone who get's aid from the government as "lazy". For anyone who has ever recieved aid, you know that it is almost more work to apply for and keep the aid then it would be to get a second job! Ha Ha, just a little joke about all the paper work.
Keep your head up, I think your wonderful!

Kimberly said...

Sorry you had a bad day Emily. I have days like that too. Unfortunately they seem to happen a lot to me! The days where everything seems to go wrong. Hopefully things are going better for you today.
We had a tornado sighting in Casper about two weeks ago during a really bad storm. Danen called to tell me to get into the basement and I was FREAKING OUT because Hailey was over at a friends house. I tried calling the mother, but she wouldn't answer her phone! I thought I was going to lose it. Luckily everything turned out fine. But I do not like tornadoes.

Brenda said...

I'm glad that you and your family (and my family) are alright. Scary stuff!

Anonymous said...

You are wonder woman. Love you girlie!