Friday, February 14, 2014

painting

 Some time in January, Dad, Brenda, Joel & Kambrie came to help us paint.  At the end of last year, Michael had a long break from school so we got all the popcorn ceiling off, re-textured and everyone who came helped us repaint the ceilings and we decided to do the walls and give everything a fresh look.  We did gallery beige for all the rooms and them vanilla steam for the hallway to tie in the cool color (gallery beige) with the warm(the brown wall going downstairs).  Kambrie and Brenda gave me a good lesson in color pallets and matching.  Good thing for that because I was way in the dark. :)  I bought a black and white chevron bed set to for our bedroom that goes well with the new colors.  We also re did the floorboards and doors.  It looks way better.  BUT painting is a ton of work and I'm glad I wasn't doing it by myself.  And I'm glad for family members who help me. ;)  I also have great plans for Janelle's room in the decorating department but we'll see if it happens.  More than anything I just want my house clean, and then when that happens (uh..maybe never) then I'll think about more decorating.


No comments: