Friday, February 14, 2014

V-DAY among other things

 Michael and I celebrated v-day last night at the windmill.  We didn't get reservations for the 14th soon enough so we just went last night which was fine.  There's an awesome family in our ward and the mom wants her 11 yr old to start babysitting but doesn't think she's ready so the mom asked if the both of them could come babysit free of charge.  We were glad they offered because we think they're the greatest.  The dad is in the bishopric and the mom teaches adult Sunday school and they've made us feel so welcome in the ward.  The kids has a great time and dinner was good too!
 I came down with a cold last night but I whipped some valentines for the kids and Michael and made some treats for dad and v-teachers.
We had pink french toast that morning and had special visit from gpa Simmons bearing valentines and treats.  Gpa played a couple games of guess who with Stetson and showed me some family history he's been working on.  Thats the reason I'm trying to keep up with the blog, because this is our only journal and having a record of family times will be priceless to us one day.
Matthew and Charlene came a couple nights ago since he's been looking at jobs in MT and surrounding areas.  We were more than happy to have them stay with us.  We had tacos for dinner, then Michael and I conveniently had temple recommend interviews that night so we were glad Matthew & Charlene happened to be there to babysit for us. :)  When we got to the church, there was another young couple with 3 little kids really close in age and as I watched the parents struggle and try to keep their kids quiet and under control, I wanted to tell them that they weren't bothering me a bit and that I can totally relate to them.  It felt so good to me so sit and not wrestle kids for a few minutes.  I was interviewed by Lyle Knight who is actually a friend of dads.  He asked me to say a prayer to invite the spirit and it just felt good to sit with that worthy priesthood holder and answer those questions.  I really feel like as a young mom Heavenly Father pours his blessings to me and shows me unconditional mercy and love more than I deserve, but because of the load I bare as a mom.  I honestly feel surprised when I attend sacrament every Sunday and still feel the spirit so strong.  I feel incredibly lucky that despite my many weaknesses Heavenly Father still blesses me so much.  The first question was something like ' do you have faith in god the eternal father and in his son Jesus Christ?'  My answer was a resounding yes and I could't have meant it more, because I feel like I need God so much and I am so dependent on him and his son.  I always wish I was better though.

2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Great up dates! You guys have been super busy! We sure miss you guys around here!

The Asay's said...

Thank you for letting us stay with you. Hope Ian didn't get any of your kids sick. I feel bad.