Friday, February 14, 2014

Stetson and bball at the YMCA

 Stetson started bball last month.  He has practice once a week and a game every Saturday.
You'll notice in the 2nd pic Stetson has his hand to me indicating that he does not want his picture taken.  Stetson has more fun at practice than the games.  He struggles with the "big picture" concept of bball and doesn't pay attention to possession or which direction he's supposed to be going.  In all honesty I just want my kids to find something they like and can become successful at.  I want my kids to be involved in extra curricular and learn teamwork and learn to reap the benefits of hard work.  Everyone says that for your kids to have a shot at sports in the "big city" you have to start them out young.  I have no idea what Stetson will end up liking or end up good at but I'm trying to give him a taste of different things and even though he doesn't always like it, I think its a good learning experience for him. the end.

2 comments:

Mark & Shayla said...

I laughed so hard at Stetson giving you the "hand". That is too funny! If basketball doesn't work out Stetson and Jay will have the band to fall back on.

The Asay's said...

lol Stetson is seriously the funniest. Love this picture