Friday, February 14, 2014

Great Grandma Mildred Asay

Last week Michael and I had the privilege of picking up Michael's gma Asay from the airport so she could stay at her house in Lovell for a couple weeks while her daughter Sylvia is vacationing in Argentina.  I think this lady is pretty amazing.  When Michael brought her out to the van he brought her in a wheelchair which surprised me because she's never needed one before, but apparently she had a cortozone shot in her knee recently and the long plane ride made it hard for her to walk.  Anyway, she's almost 100 now so she suffers from some ailments but she never complains (at least to me) and is always chipper and optimistic.  She raised 9 children.  On a farm.  In Wyoming.  I admire her so much.  I love the way I feel when I'm around her.  She makes me feel important and there is always a special spirit in her home.  She's never waivered in her faith in Jesus Christ and has remained productive and hard-working even into her old age.

We met Stan & Jan at our house afterwards so they could take her to back to Lovell.  They brought a bday present for Kandace to open and then Stetson and I had to take off for a school function.  We love when Michael's parents come.  They are equally as inspiring to me and are so special and I'm so proud to be their daughter in-law.

No comments: