Friday, February 14, 2014

beautiful girl turns 5


I am biased but I sure think this girl is great.
Here Kandace is, Monday morning getting ready to go to preschool where she would share these cupcakes with her preschool class.  I was glad her bday fell on a school day so she could share treats and get sung to and all that fun stuff.
When Kandace came home from preschool she wanted her pic taken in this chair. In that pose. Oh my.
Kandace had 2 friends over, Liz Chlemow and Isabelle McDonough.  Liz and her family are good friends of ours and Isabelle is in our ward and is in Kandace's primary class.  The girls made their own pizzas.  while the pizzas baked they did a couple crafts and then ate their pizza, had cake and opened presents.  It was a fun and simple party.


On the night before Kandace's bday (Sunday) I baked the cupcakes and tried to make Kandace's cake.  Ummm it was supposed to be a castle.  Whoops.  The last time I did a cake like this was last year for her birthday.  We did a butterfly cake pan and just frosted it with a flower tip and it was easy peasy.  This year not so much. I think my tips were too big and well, what can I say, I'm an amateur.  Michael says, "why don't we just do a square cake the says 'happy birthday kandace?' "  Good idea honey.  In all honesty, we will probably do square cakes from now on. :)  I was stressed when I was making it, realizing it wasn't turning out so Michael went and got Kandace from bed to get her approval (that's all I really want) and she looked at it with sort of a confused look and said, 'where's the windows and door?'  I was glad that was all she noticed that was wrong with it.  I was looking at old bday posts of hers on my blog that night and thinking how this fancy diva girl of mine probably would have liked to have been born to a craftier, handier mom but I sure am glad beyond expression that she was born to me.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think the cake is great. I could tell it was a castle! :)

Mark & Shayla said...

She is so cute! She is always going to be so glad she has you as a mom!