Thursday, January 30, 2014

This is the most worthless post in the history of blogging, but I've been stir crazy and have cabin fever, especially after waking up to 5 plus inches of snow this morning.  Posting pics of resorts in Cabo San Lucas makes me feel better. :)  I have tons of pics of our latest projects but I can't get them from  my phone to my computer..I'll keep working on that.  Maybe.
Dad and Brenda and Joel & Kambrie came to our rescue a couple weekends ago and painted our entire upstairs after re-texturing the ceilings.  We still need to paint our downstairs wall that we had to cut a hole into to install ceiling fans.  Yes we have new ceiling fans in our master bedroom and the family room.  Michael's biggest request.  It looks nice and it feels good to cross items off our list.
I've been keeping up with my work-outs at the YMCA.  I sang at our YW's New beginnings last Wednesday.  And I got a massage that day.  It was Christmas present from Michael.  It felt so good.
Stetson got his report card.  He's doing really well and his teacher wants to recommend him for a special reading program called extended studies.  He'll test for it some time next month to see if he qualifies.
Michael is plugging away at school.  He's doing great.  We were just talking about how blessed we've been for him to be having the great success he has.  Even his classmates comment on how impressive it is that he can do so well with such a demanding schedule. (Most of his classmates are single and childless) I recognize it as a tender mercy and a blessing from Heavenly Father.  Our lives are challenging and exhausting with the 3 little beauties we tend to every day.  Janelle has surrendered her daytime naps, and as a result she doesn't sleep well at night, getting up usually 3-4 times every night.  I'm looking for the sequel to Babywise (Toddlerwise) to help me get her back on a good sleeping routine.  I miss having a good night's rest.
I can't wait for warmer weather.  I really miss opening my windows and smelling the sun "shiny" air. :)  If that's even a word.
Stetson and I went skiing with dad on President's day.  I love skiing.  Every time I go I want to live in a town like Red Lodge so I can go every week.  Stetson really likes it.  We went on some different, more challenging runs and Stetson had a couple wrecks and meltdowns but for the most part did awesome.  I'd called dad that morning about an hour and a half before departure and asked if he wanted to meet us and at first he said no because he had work and it was such short notice but he called us back and told us he would go!  I was so glad.  It is so nice to have company and some extra help with Stetson.  Every time he crashes, his skis fall off and its a challenge getting him facing the right away and getting his boot just right to go back in the ski.  Dad is so patient and such a trooper.  The weather was perfect.  Blue skies and sun shining.  Makes me grateful for my health and for the chance I have to go.

1 comment:

The Asay's said...

Man you and I both stir crazy huh? I could so go for a trip to somewhere warm right now.