Saturday, June 1, 2013

Beartooth Nature Center

Last week Stetson man had a kindergarten field trip to Red Lodge to see the Beartooth nature center and the candy store.  I knew they needed 4 teachers to help but wasn't sure what I'd do with the girls.  I made sure they had all the help they needed before deciding not to go but then Serena Hessenthaler said we could ride up with them and meet the kiddos up there and I thought why not!?  It was fun chatting with Serena, the girls loved getting to go somewhere fun and Stetson was excited to see us up there.  Serena has a little girl in Stetson's class who I think is so super cute, and she has a boy Jett and a girl Janelle like us!  They are such a cute family.  After the nature center we went to the candy store which has quite the reputation in Red Lodge.  Its actually located at an old movie theatre they've transformed into a unique candy shopped and its pretty cute.  Each kinder had $3 they could spend so they picked out their loot from the incredible variety of candy choices they had there and took it to the register to be weighed and it took FOR.ever.  I wasn't sure if I'd make it out alive.  If the kid's candy was under weight then they could pick out a few more until it was the right weight and you can imagine how time consuming with that many kids but they loved it and I'm glad they had fun.  After that we had lunch at the park with the kiddos and they played at the park.


Kandace & Janelle H. at the candy store picking out their treats!  Kandace always has time to stop and pose  for the camera.

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

That sounds like fun! That is nice that you got to go along. I can't believe he is done with kindergarten