Monday, June 17, 2013

2nd chance

 This is kind of stressful but this is life and its good to remember all the ups and downs so I'll document whats been going on.  We made a backup offer in March on what we thought was the perfect condo for us. After months of waiting and being disappointed while things kept getting put off, the seller terminated the whole deal.  There had been foreclosure and leans and some other problems that just weren't getting sorted out. Unfortunately we'd already paid for the inspection and appraisal. Ouch.  Michael told me the news a couple weeks ago and I frantically started making phone calls and spending all my time on Craigslist and the Bilings gazette classifieds online.  We lined up about 6 or 7 rentals to go look at on Stetson's last day of school.  We spent all morning looking and were so disappointed at what we could (I guess I should say couldn't) get in our price range I literally started crying during lunch at Applebees.  Our realtor had 1 more condo for us to look at and after we walked through we said where do we sign!  It seemed like the Hilton after the dumps we'd just got done looking it.  Buying just feels so right.  Our mortage will be less than rent and we got the seller to pay closing costs and new carpet installation.  I'm honestly still scared and won't feel better until we sign and can call it ours but we're hoping for the best.

  My brother Joel and friend Jaran Baker did an inspection last week and didn't find anything major.  Its 3 bedrooms 2 baths with a gas fire place, washer dryer hookups, all the appliances we need and we are pretty happy about it and hoping everything falls into place.  The front door walks out onto a really open pretty grassy area that is a straight shot to a huge swimming pool and Rose Park which is one of the nicest parks in Billings.  Another bonus is that we'll still be in the right neighborhood for Rose park elementary school which is where I had Stetson registered for 1st grade this fall.  We know Heavenly Father looks out for us and are trusting in him.  These are just some pics I took for the inspection.
Joel trying to find the switch on the fireplace

Janelle in Stetson & Kandace's room

2 comments:

The Asay's said...

I am so glad you guys found a place. It's so stressful moving. I am stressed out about where we will move next

Mark & Shayla said...

Hope everything goes smoothly with this place. Bring the kids over and the boys will teach them how to slip n' slide!