Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Michael

This is an old pic of Michael but its one of my favorites.  Michael was hinting to me that I needed to update the blog, and so I decided to do one on him.  We are really excited that Michael recently got accepted into the PA program at Rocky Mtn College in Billings, MT.  We plan on moving there some time next summer so he can start school in August.  Michael is one of the most patient people I know.  He'd probably be even more patient if my incredible amount of INpatience didn't rub off on him. lol  Michael has always been interested in the medical field and jumped through a lot of hoops to try to work towards this.  He had a couple interviews for medical school when we lived in Laramie and just had Stetson & Kandace.  After that fell through, we came back to Lovell where Michael has worked as a medical technologist at the hospital in Powell.  Michael works with all. girls.  He is the perfect fit for his job becasue he is so easy going and just good to the core.  People request him all the time and there might be one patient at the care center who affectionately refered to him as "big sexy" WHAT??!?! Yeah its true.  Last year Michael applied for a few PA schools  (he wanted to apply for more but didn't have all the pre reqs like taking the mkat).  He got 2 interviews, one in Whichita and one in Chicago.  Whichita flat out said no but Chicago sent us an upbeat letter informing him of his placement on a waiting list.  We patiently waited every day for some sort of work (I got giddy every day when the mail came) and we were THRILLED when they called us out of the blue one morning and said we were in.  We quickly started making plans and talking about calling people when just an hour later, they called and said it was a mistake and that they had pulled the wrong list.  I really don't know who was more upset, Michael or me.  I know that I really had to dig deep to put on a happy face and go on after that.  I knew we had to embrace this season of our lives and make the best of it, which we've tried hard to do.  Michael works very hard at his job and is well liked and respected for his work and the kids I are staying busy in church and community things.  Instead of throwing in the towel, Michael studied hard for the mkat, took it and applied one last time to PA school.  He got an interview for Billings last Fri and they emailed him yesterday saying he's been accepted.  I'm excited for a new chapter.  Sad to move, but so very happy for my husband and this opportunity.  I think he does great at everything he does and I think this new experience will be no exception.  I'm so glad he'll have something to do that he's truly interested in.  We drive each other nuts sometimes but at the end of the day I am crazy about this guy and love him for all he does.  Congrats Michael.  I love you.

6 comments:

Jill Asay said...

We are super excited for you guys! Michael will be a great PA and truly is one of the most patient kindest guys I have ever met! Yay for you Michael!

The Asay's said...

We are so super excited for you guys! How great is it that he got into Billings too! Michael will be a great PA. He has worked so hard to get to this point.

Brenda said...

What a sweet post! Yay for Michael! What a grand adventure!

Mark & Shayla said...

What!!! That is so exciting! And now I will have another reason to go to Billings. But truthfully I am really sad that you are moving. But congrats Michael.

Mandi Burrell said...

So happy for you guys. Such a hard but great time in your life. Drew is thinking about going back to school and I worry, but if its what we are suppose to do it will work out. It always does. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm glad we got to see all of you before you leave. I hope you all love it.