Monday, October 1, 2012

harvest!

This post is a little overdue, but I thought I should post it because it will be fun to look back and see what we accomplished.  This year was pretty good harvest wise.  Several of the things we planted didn't come up, so we re planted some of it but all in all we did well!  About a month ago we started canning.  I seldom can by myself.  I SO appreciate the help of Michael with 3 kiddos running around that I usually wait until a day off.  So far this year we've done 16 pints of salsa, several qts/pints of just tomatoes, peaches, strawberry jam and we're going to pick rasberries at a relatives in Byron on Wed so maybe we'll do some rasberry jam, too.   We also froze I think about 30 bags of corn compliments of the O. Harris Asay farm.  We are grateful for that Michael's family is so generous.  We love having that corn as a side and to go in soups and such.  Its supposeed to freeze soon so this afternoon me and the girlies picked almost all the tomatoes.  I didn't realize there were so many left!  I don't know if I have any more canning left in me as far as tomatoes, but we shall see! 

4 comments:

Jill Asay said...

So jealous of your bountiful garden this year! The to,ayes look awesome and I bet they are super yummy!

The Asay's said...

Yummy, Yummy. That is so great you have a bountiful harvest this year. Janelle looks super cute.

Mark & Shayla said...

You are super woman!

Em said...

Awesome! Look at all your tomatoes. My tomatoes didn't start coming until late August and they have just been slow you have so many! Awesome!