Monday, April 23, 2012

catch-up

There is so much to say I'm not sure where to begin! For starters, Michael got a new pickup!!  He's ben wanting one for a long time but I was dragging my feet but he's finally convinced me (I actually found it in the buyer's guide, not bragging though:) I really wanted to buy one and surprise him for father's day but it was better this way so we could both go look at it and he could make sure he was getting what he wanted.  We're looking forward to trips to dryhead/pryor and some camping!! 

Stetson had his kindergarten screening last week. ?! WHAT?  I love this boy like crazy and am a nervous nellie when I think about all these things coming up.  I try to focus on how fun and exciting school should be for him and try to not go too crazy (for Michael's sake mostly lol).  He's tired of listening to me rant and rave I'm sure.  He did awesome on his screening and the teacher said "he's more than ready!"  This particular teacher is also Carson's kindergarten teacher and the firs thing she said when she came back after the screening was how much Stetson reminded her of Carson.  Janelle had her 9 month check up and for some reason we didn't get percentiles, just stats, but I'll just say she is following in her sister's footsteps of being on the petite end of things.  Hopefully it will serve her well in the future~! :)  I read Hunger Games a while back and was pleasantly surprised when the movie came out and really wanted to see it..Michael had zero interest and its easier anyway if I just go alone so we don't have to worry about Janelle, so I went with dad, Brenda & Marguerite and I really liked it--it was really gruesome (obviously) but very well done and it was nice to go do something.  I have to  get to go to an in-service tomorrow in Cowley for more PTSB points to keep my teaching certificate current.  Later that night is the derby for our ward and Michael won't be home has to leave for work at 12 so he's watching the kids in the morning and EMily is in the afternoon. Its going to be a crazy crazy day.  Lastly, our Kandace's wildest dreams came true when she got asked to be a crown bearer for Jacob's jnr. prom.  Now she's telling everyone she's going to be in highschool.  Heaven help us all.

 Sometimes Daniel likes to just break out in song..he's very musical like that.
Stetson helped me feed Janelle the other so I could have a free hand.  He is a great help.  He gave a talk in primary yesterday and read the whole thing by himself.  I was so proud of him.

1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

The picture of Daniel breaking out in song cracks me up! I'm sure you guys will make lots of memories while using the new truck