Wednesday, September 28, 2011

salsa

Salsa is sort of a tradition in the Asay family. They love to eat it on lots of foods and their awesome mom, Jan, loves to make it for them. She plants some 80 tomato plants every year so that there's plenty of salsa to go around, so it seemed only fair that Michael and I learn how to make it and I thought we'd better include the recipe for future generations.


16 ripe tomatoes
4 medium onions
10 lg hot green peppers (jal)
1 pint vinegar (2 cups)
1 T brown sugar
2 t canning salt
10 yellow wax peppers
6 red or green bell peppers

grind all but tomatoes

cook approx 1 hr.

process 15 min in water bath















































we couldn't have done it without lots of help from Janelley :)
















2 comments:

Linda said...

Good job looks yummy!

Mandi Burrell said...

Janelle looks like Kandace a lot to me...and way to go on the salsa. I don't try to do many things on my own.