Monday, September 26, 2011

dentist




Dear Stetson,




Today you and I had a date to the dentist. I knew it was coming up so I tried to get you ready by taking you to the library to get little kid books on going to the dentist, and by talking to you about it a lot, but I'd forgotten that your dad took you about 6 months ago and that you're already a pro!! Dad said you sat on his lap and did a really good job, but still, it was 6 months ago so I was still a little worried, but I didn't need to be.




You sat in a little "Rolly" chair while I got my teeth cleaned. You were very friendly with the dental hygenist--asking her questions and showing her your Dora book about going to the dentist. You laughed every time the big tube thing sucked up my spit. You kept asking, "is it my turn?" "Are you done yet?" Not a moment too soon, it was your turn and you climbed right up in your chair. You were SO very excited. You asked if you had to take your shoes off. You got a little antsy when she scraped the tartar off with the hook shaped one, but I held your hand (not that you needed it) and told you that you were doing awesome, because you were.




After Dr. Welch checked your your teeth, you went to the treasure chest to pick your prize and were ecstatic to choose a rubbery snake. You carried your goodies (new toothbrush, paste, timer, etc.) all the way home and wouldn't put them down for most of the day.



Just want you to know how much I love you and how proud I am to be your mom.



Love you forever,
MOM

1 comment:

nina said...

It's SO nice when kids surprise you and are good when you think they won't be.