Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2 months





Our girl had had 2 month check up today. She is 11 lbs 2 oznad 23 1/4 inches. That puts her in the 75% for weight and the 90% for height. Dr. Bohlman kept commenting on how long she is..we agree!! Hopefully some athletic genes will trickle down from somewhere and she'll be a basketball star!!


At 2 months Janelle is doing all sorts of great things. She is smiling like crazy, cooing and starting to move around a bit when she kicks on her back. She's very alert and likes looking around. She also loves it when we get close and talk to her. Thats when she smiles the most and we love it. She also loves lying on her back, even more than being held sometimes. Today when I took her into her appt, she was crying until we got in the doctor's office and laid her down so I could her her clothes off. She calmed down right then. She has a clogged duct on one eye. Doc said this could last up to a year, but hopefully it will clear up before then. We're supposed to massage it and put a warm compress on it. Janelle eats about every 3 1/2 hours. After she eats she's awake kicking on the floor for about 30-45 minutes, sometimes she goes in her swing after this and then takes her nap, usually about 2 hrs. Her best naps are in the morning, probably since thats when we're always home and conistent. She averages 10 hrs at night and its been so nice. She's started going to sleep earlier at night, like around 10ish instead of 11 or 12. She seems happiest at home where she can do her thing and is familiar with her surroundings. I've been more concerned about my milk supply this time around for 2 reasons, 1 is that Kandace was so much smaller than Stetson and I always blamed myself, and 2, because I have 2 other kids to take care of and so I'm running around more and probably more tired, and these factors can limit your supply, so I'm trying to be mindful of that. I pump pretty often now especially if she doesn't eat well on one side, plus its nice to give her a bottle every now and then in case I start subbing or something. I haven't been as rigid with the schedule this time around. I've been better about watching her and not the clock. I really have to be flexible anyway, since she doesn't always wake up in the morning at the same time. Sometimes its 6 or 7, but today I went and woke her up after 8 (could I get an allelujiah chorus here?! :) It seems like as long as we're consistent in our sequence of events (eat awake sleep) she still takes long naps and sleeps through the night. I haven't been stressed about her schedule near as much, which is nice. She doesn't even cry really when we lay her down, so thats great. She is a trooper for putting up with her VERY affectionate big brother and big sister (especially big sister). The kids like to call her Janelley-welley-belly. When Kandace says it it melts my heart.



She is our pride and joy and we LOVE her like crazy.

No comments: