Sunday, September 11, 2011

thoughts on 9/11

I've been thinking a lot about 9/11 lately. Its been all over on TV, newspapers and everything else. Our local newspaper featured a section on remembering 9/11 where it interviews people on what their thoughts were on all of it...where they were that day, how they think we've changed as a country, etc. I thought a lot about what I would say and how we have changed as a country and as individuals. I don't know a lot about politics, which I'm ashamed of and am trying to be better at. I want to be able to answer questions that my kids have about history and current events, so I've been watching more news and asking more questions. But back to 9/11. I've been feeling like I need to come to some sort of "conclusion" on how I feel about things and what I have to say and how I feel and what all this means, and there's a lot that could be said, but in the end, I'm mostly impressed by the way our



country has "bounced back", specifically the city of New York. When I watched footage of this on the news, the thing that left the biggest impression on me what the unbelievable mess all of this left. I mean dust and debris EVERYWHERE...ridiculous amounts, so much that who would even know where to start or what to do, but 10 years later, after lots of sweat, blood and tears, the city of New York has cleaned things up, and has this absolutely beautiful monument to show for it. There's so much to learn from this--how we all need to pick ourselves back up after a let down, clean things up and make something beautiful.





No comments: