Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kandace at 20 mos


Kandace will be 20 mos this Sunday. She is at such a fun age (we say that about every age:) but she really is. She has so very much personality. She loves her dad, she loves her mom and she loves lots of other things. She loves to drink "Oooce" (juice) but I think even more than that she loves to pour it on the floor and step in it or spread it around with her hand. She and Stetson are finally at a point where they can play nice together for short periods of time, and I LOVE those times. Stetson will occasionally let her help him put puzzles together or whatever. I usually try to stear clear when they're playing nice because I don't want to disrupt it.

What is especially fun are all the "words" Kandace is saying now.

Me: mommy

da-ee: daddy

da: Stetson

pa: gma or gpa

no: no she has this one down pat

mow: more

bah: her special pink blanket or bear

dah: dog (she loves animals at a good distance:)

oooce: juice

dough: milk or water

Anyway, she's good at letting us know what she needs. She is very good about picking out the animals in the stories we read. Whenever we read "Big Red Barn" she points at all the animals and tries to say their names. She's starting to count. When we say one, she says two, sometimes tee (three).

My favorite things about Kandace are when I'm holding her and she puts her hands on my cheeks and pulls my face in her direction, so that I don't miss what she's trying to tell me. I love when I'm laying down on the floor watching TV or something and she comes and lays right on top of me with her arms around me.

Whenever I come home afer step or something she runs to the door yelling "Meeeeeeeee" (mommy) and I LOVE that. :)

She gets mad at Stetson and "yells" at him, which consists of short 1 syllable sounds aimed at his direction i.e. "BAH!" or something like that. So funny.

We are crazy about her and are so happy she's in our family.

No comments: