Saturday, October 30, 2010

The day before Halloween


Since Halloween is on Sunday this year, we had most of our festivities today. It was a WONDERFUL day. Michael has had the last 4 days off so its been nice to have extra help and to just have him here. I LOVE HIM! The first event was lunch at pizza hut with gma Dorothy, gma & gpa Asay, Jared & Jacob. We were celebrating the end of the beet harvest, which is definitely worth celebrating. After lunch, we did some errand at Pamida and took Jacob home with us and he helped Michael pull the tarp off our garden so we can burn it and till it up. Jacob is the man! After that, Stan & Jan took the kiddos to their house and Michael and I raked leaves and I carved a pumkin. by myself. :) After that we went to Stan & Jan's, got the kids dressed, collected our first round of candy and started off for somesome trick-or-treating!!
First stop at great gma Asays, then Verda Von Delight, then gma Dorothy's. We were sad to miss gpa Simmons and Brenda this year because they were at state volleyball in Casper. After that we dropped Michael and Kandace off and Stetson and I went by ourselves to finish off our night. It was way more fun than I anticipated. It has been SUCH a joy to experience holidays with Steston. Its indescribable to watch his reactions and interpretations of things from year to year, and I think this year he finally "GOT IT." He ran from house to house (everyone thought he was such a cute "Mr. Brown" said trick-or-treat without cues from mom and just ate it up. HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!!
























6 comments:

nina said...

Your kids are so cute. I'm so ENVIOUS that you got to eat lunch at pizza on the run. You just made a pregnant women crave something that I can't get here :(

nina said...

I just realized you said pizza hut, not pizza on the run. Guess you can tell that's all I'm thinking about huh?

Geraldine said...

I sure love that little girl. She is a joy. Thanks for subbing the other day.

Jill Asay said...

Cute costumes! I love that steston's carrying a box...nice touch!

Kimberly said...

So cute!

theblogoboy said...

cute kids - nice family