Saturday, October 30, 2010

Buckin bronco




This was a day of surprises. We got our new camera, so I've been taking pics like crazy, I subbed for a couple hours in the afternoon at the elementary in Lovell and when I came home Michael invited me to go "help" (I use that term loosely) him and Jared help bring a bull in that got lose. We let Stetson ride with Michael for a while and that was fun until Michael decided to get off and lead the horse for a while. So Stetson is riding the horse alone, which is no big deal (we thought) and then the horse started dancing around and Stetson started sliding off and screaming. I did pretty good 'til right at the end right before Michael was able to rescue him off the horse. YIKES!! After that Stan and Jan came and got Stetson, Michael and Jared and I went on our way to get the bull. The scenery was BEAUTIFUL especially during this time of year and I was glad to be there. A few times along the ride Jared & Michael told me to stay put so I wouldn't get in the way and the horse I was on hated it because he wanted to be where the other horses were, so it was hard to keep him in one place. Well we were on the home stretch and Jared & Michael once again told me to stay by a gate and wait while they got the bull. Once again, the horse wanted to be where his buddies were and he was very obviously getting more fed up with the dumb girl riding on his back. I tried my hardest, but the horse kept dancing around, whipping his head here and there and finally he bucked me OFF. OUCH! I was SO sore that evening and night. Right after it happened Stan came and took my horse and I drove the ranger home. When I got back to Asay's I tried to hold it together but when I took Stetson to the potty while we were there I just sat on the tub and cried like a baby. That night Stan & Jan took Stetson to the trunk or treat for their ward party and Stetson told everyone his mom was crying in the bathroom. One guy said "Well get used to it, thats just what girls do." LOL Well I feel lots better now and I'm thankful for my great husband who takes care of his sissy wife with no complaints (most of the time).








Grandma Asay was in the Halloween spirit!

No comments: