Friday, May 7, 2010

Childhood



Today we made homemade playdough. I've been racking my brain and looking in books trying to find meaningful activities for my kids to do and this what I came up with today. I feel like a lot of the pressure on me as a mom is to make my kid's childhood a happy and memorable one. I have GREAT childhood memories and often times think it was the happiest time of my lfe. Its truly magical if you ask me...believing in Santa, not having a care in the world, being full of energy, and living every day like its a party. Life really is a big party for kids, if you ask me. One of my favorite childhood memories was going to Pleasanton, CA where my cousins lived. My cousin Laura was one of my best friends growing up and we were inseparable at all foulger family functions. We played dolls non-stop. When I'd got to Pleasanton for weekends we'd of course play dolls, go to the movies, swim, hottub and have our hair french braided. IT WAS BLISS!!





Here's a recipe for homemade playdough:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 T oil
3/4 cup water w/ food coloring

mix dry ingredients. add water and oil gradually. add more water if dough is too dry, or add more flour if too sticky. the oil preserves the dough and keeps it soft so it can be used many times. store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.

There dad, areyou happy??!! Finally a new post :) Love you.

6 comments:

Jill Asay said...

great activity...is Kandace eating the play dough?! I wish our kids lived closer so they could hang out because I have those same memories with my cousins. Maybe some day...

Trish said...

How fun! I feel the same pressure and lately it's gotten worse because I feel like I'm really switching gears from taking care of kids to teaching them to take care of themselves. That's hard too!

joelle said...

oh I know my dad would LOVE the video! and he has a way of converting VHS's. his email is gregfoulger@gmail.com. email him about it! I will pass the message along too :) can't wait to see you and your DARLING kids this Summer!

The Asay's said...

How fun. Love seeing new pictures of the kids. Can't wait to see you all in a few days.

Mark & Shayla said...

I'm glad you finally posted. And I'm glad you changed your background! I couldn't see some of your pics and text before.

Reynolds said...

I love your family picture. You look amazing in it and your family looks adorable!