Friday, May 21, 2010

worth blogging about



I am really excited about my new blog book and I'm glad I documented the things I did, but I've been "blah about blogging" for some reason. I did read something on my friend Cara's blog...she mentioned she'd read on someone's blog the following statement: "blogosphere seems to be a Utopian society with perfect husbands, adorable and well-behaved children, and shiny happy people holding hands." I couldn't agree with that statement more, and I try not to make my blog like that..I want to be realistic. Its so much more fun that way. :) lol Anyhoo, I do have something very exciting to blog about (exciting to me, probably not to you). Michael and I have been working around the new house trying to get some things done, and one of the items on my to do list was to plant some grass seed in the back yard where it was getting bare. We tilled up the dirty really good, planted the seed and I've been dilligently keeping it wet. Michael and I get down on our hands and knees every day and carefully observe our seeds looking for a change and today...I SAW GRASS!! I know, I'm easily excited, but seriously, its exciting when you reap what you sow! It reminded me of a talk by Elder Uchdorft a while back about patience and giving your seed "time to grow."




Michael and I have really enjoyed working in our yard..watering the lawn, mowing the lawn, planting flowers ...these are all things I really like to do and I'm dreading when winter comes and I won't be able to do it anymore. We're also anticipating having a garden this summer. Hopefully that works out well. I'm nervous thinking about canning by myself..good thing I have lots of knowledgeable women in my life!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

You are doing a great job with it all I must say! And that gives me great peace of mind.

Ranee` said...

I love, love LOVE your family pictures. They are so adorable!!