Wednesday, May 12, 2010

She's a keeper!


Kandace is SO SWEET. We love her so much. She:

*can point to a baby and say baby

*barks like a dog when we read the part about dogs in Big Red Barn

*She loves to climb up on my lap and read with me

*She loves to climb up on EVERYthing and sit on it.

*She takes 2 naps every day, 10 am and 2pm (but I have to wake her up by 7:45am or she won't take her morning one

*She's a great eater, but her favorites are cottage cheese, fruit snacks, orange juice and yogurt.

*She LOVES her dad

*She insists on being held so she's usually stuck to my hip while I'm cooking or doing other things.


*You're probably wondering why Stetson has a sucker in the tub in the next picture. Thats because Michael cut his hair right before this and we needed some kind of incentive to insure cooperation on his end. :) We sure love him. This has been kind of a noteworthy week. I went on a bike ride Tuesday with Brenda & dad out to Cowley airport. It was really windy and cold but a good workout! I plan on doing this frequently so I can work it into my exercise routine. I had my "mock" interview yesterday for Eleutian (the company I work for that teaches English to Koreans). This is like my interview that determines if I get hired. Well I passed, so I had my first real teaching session today. Wowzer, is all I have to say about that. His English was really lousy so I was basically trying to speak really simple English vocab, like 6 yr old level (which is hard if you're not used to it). I felt bad for the student too. Imagine trying to learn spanish from someone to who didn't speak any english. Yikes. I hope to get better and more effective each time. Today Michael had the day off so we made blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs & sausage for breakfast then played games all morning. After naps and lunch we headed to the Asay farm for some irrigating and moving of cows. We're so anxious for some warmer weather. Hopefully by tomorrow! I got my 2008 blog book in the mail today and I love it!! Michael had a lot of fun looking through it tonight and laughing and reminiscing.

Stetson LOVES

*singing Latter-day prophets and can sing it word for word beginning to end

*singing any primary song with the music player on lds.org

*watching Dora of COURSE (hopefully he grows out of it before high school)

*reading

*eating apples dipped in peanut butter

*he asks me for a "treat" ALL DAY LONG but I still love 'em

*He gets up every night at least once to go potty (this is our new thing since he's been potty trained) not my favorite

*When I ask him if he wants to do something and its something he really wants to do, he replies with "I'd LOVE to!"

6 comments:

laura said...

Kandace looks just like you! That is awesome you did a blog book. I need to catch up on that for the past like two years! Way to go on the teaching. That's awesome!

Kimberly said...

Kandace totally has your eyes - they are gorgeous!

Jill Asay said...

love the update on the kiddos! It sounds like they are growing like crazy!! We are excited to see you all. Way to go on getting your blog book done...I really need to get going on my blog books!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! Love the sucker int he bath.
Sounds like a full week!

The Richardsons said...

I didn't know you were working for Eleutian! I worked for them for 2-1/2 years before the novelty of it wore off. I hope you like it (and I promise that it does get better!)

Reynolds said...

So where did you get your blog book printed at? I need to get mine printed for 2008 and 2009.