Wednesday, April 28, 2010

new floor

Several months ago I had the not so great idea (but seemed like a great idea at the time) of putting new laminate floor in our bathroom. The guy we bought it from most definitely overestimated me and Michae's "home improvement" capabilties when he said it'd be no big deal for us to just install it ourselves. I won't go into all the details, but we'll just say that we finally got it done after 3 jigsaw blades, another toilet, multiple trips back to ck hardware, lots of phone calls and extra help from some individuals. My dad warned me before we even started that when you do stuff like this, you usually discover lots of other fix it problems along the way that you have to deal with before you complete the final project...lesson learned. After all our hard work, here's the finished project.










7 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks nice!

Kimberly said...

That looks really good! Want to come do mine??? :)

Charlene said...

The floor looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about projects. It seems like it never is just something simple.
I also love your new picture at the top. So cute!!

Aspen said...

Your floor looks great! Also- I love your family picture on your blog. It's so cute!

Brook said...

Looks great!!! I love your family pic!! You all look great!:) What a cute family!

reyes said...

Emily I absolutely love your family picture at the top of your blog. Who took it? A professional, your dad or a friend? Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Your bathroom floor looks nice too. We just put in a hallway and masterbedroom floor. What a good feeling it is.