Sunday, August 16, 2009

summer in the mountains

Monday for F.H.E. the Simmons' went to 5 Springs and then on Friday we went fishing on the Big Horns with Asays's. SO FUN! It is so beautiful up there and I'm glad we could go and have some fun!! Both times we used Asay's awesome grill and cooked up some yummy hamburgers and hot dogs. I'm starting to get my s'more recipe mastered. :)

Today I gave a talk on building a gospel foundation. Its still weird to me that I'm the adult speaker and not the youth speaker and that I'm supposed to speak 15-17 min. I didn't fill up all my time (whoops) but I learned a lot in preparing for my talk.

Kasi and Daniel are officially engaged. I love weddings!! And we love Kasi and so its exciting for us. Oh and Steston of course loves her because she always plays with him and gives him lots of attention.

I've been canning like a crazy woman with Jan. She's an expert canner so I'm grateful she's teaching me. We've done lots of applesauce and choke cherry jelly (syrup if it doesn't thicken, which is deLISH on pancakes).
5 springs
Travis, Cole & Adam

just chilllin. This is when we went fishing. Matthew caught like 8 fish and Michael caught...well just one I think.
Kasi (soon to be Asay), Jan, Stetson & me


This is what our girl wore to church today--so cute! The black shoes were mine when I was a baby-my mom kept them and then gave them to me...pretty cool! I like taking their pics outside because they turn out better.

8 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Looks like fun in the mountains! Sure wish we had mountains to go up and fish at...sad day!

Kimberly said...

What cute pictures! I'm so jealous - choke cherry syrup is my FAVORITE! And I haven't had any for over a year! That's so cool that you've been canning so much.

Brenda said...

Looks like lots of fun! What a beautiful baby girl!!!

KrIStiN said...

THEEEE cutest little thumb sucker I have ever seen..she's just a doll!

Sarah B. said...

I love the mountains and look at that cute baby! WOW!

laura said...

Kandace is adorable in that picture and so cute that they are your shoes!!

Trish said...

I love hearing about all the projects you've been doing this summer. It sounds like you've had some good teachers! Kandace is getting so big. What a cute baby!

nina said...

Oh so cute. You have a thumb sucker! Good luck breaking that habit. My daughter is nine and still sneaks sucking her thumb!