Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day lily


This is called a day lily. I didn't know it when I bought it, but it only blooms for a day then whithers (guess I should have paid more attention to the name). Then a few days later another one will bloom just for a day, then whither. I guess it makes you appreicate your flowers more! I took some pics of our yard this morning when we were still in our P.J.'s. I love being outside, especially when I know our days of nice weather are numbered. Plus we have a gorgeous view, so I wanted to share it with you all.Here's our little swimmer! We went swimming for F.H.E. on Monday. Even Kandace got to try out her swimsuit-I'll have to post pics of that later. At the beginning of the summer when I enrolled Stetson for swimming lessons, I was afraid I was going ruin it for him, thinking that maybe I jumped the gun and should have waited another year, but I felt relieved when he finally went out on his own with his arm wings. Such a proud mama!
"a present from Kandace" Michael was holding her up in the air playing with her yesterday and she puked all over his face. Good thing he closed his mouth really fast. It was pretty funny though.
my little toe head and baby Kandace
our back yard
This is the cornfield we see out or bdrm window

7 comments:

Jill Asay said...

hehehe...LOVE the picture of Michael and the puke! It's a good thing he has quick reflexes!!

Brenda said...

Love the pictures! Tell Michael that that is better than what my brother did to my dad when he was a baby.
Stetson is brave, maybe I need water wings!

Lindsay said...

Lol, I can't believe Michael kept his present long enough to let you take a picture. Too funny, I always have "presents" on me.

Shana said...

YEAH!!! I'm back onto your site now! Thanks for inviting me back! :)
I loved catching up with what you guys are up to out in the sticks!
Your place looks nice and cozy. I feel ashamed that I haven't had a play date with you and your kids while I've been here. BAD FRIEND...I know.
The picture of Michael with the puke on his face...PRICELESS!!! YUKE!

The Asay's said...

Hahaha Oh man that picture of Michael and the puke is hilarious. Lucky she didn't aim for the mouth.

Kristin said...

To answer your question, David leaves every week (either early Mon. morning or Sun night - late Sat. night) to work on a project for his work in Nevada. We haven't had much time together this summer (this goes on from April-late Nov). Sometimes he gets a break to come home, so this week will be one of those! :) I love the pictures. Your kids are adorable! (even in the puke picture :)

laura said...

That spit up picture is so funny and Kandace looks so sweet and innocent! She looks just like you!