Monday, April 27, 2009

Time to blog

After my laregely successful blog on earth day, I thought I better redeem myself with this blog. :-) Just kidding.

So not much has been happening, Sataruday we went to Cheyanne to get pics taken of the kids. Kandace was an angel and just sat there and smiled the whole time while her big brother opted to run around the studio and eat fruit snacks. :) We did get a couple good ones at least. This is Michael's last week of school and then finals, and then he's done with the exception of bus driving--he's contracted to do that until June 3. We're going to try to get Stetson back on the "potty training train" when Michael'e done with school so we can take turns taking Stetson to sit on the potty. I hope it goes better this time. He actually asks to sit on it sometimes but of course its usually right when we're heading out the door to go somehwere or in a big hurry. And when we do sit him down he doesn't do anything but ask to get off.

Kandace is officially sleeping through the night, and of course now that I say that she'll probably be up tomorrow 2 am. :) Something kind of weird though is usually at like 4 am I'll hear her kind of move around and make some sounds, which is unfortuate for me because like any mother, I hear her EVERY move and so it affects my sleep. When Stetson was this old we kicked him out to the next room and it made a world of a difference for all of us, but we only have 1 spare room and Stetson's in there, so we might put her porta crib downstairs at night. Anyway, it snowed last night. Again. Do I live in Alaska? Seriously, this is not supposed to be happening.
I promise Michael's usually a happy man, but he feels the need to not portray that in his pictures. I feel like I have to take pics every Sunday before church because the kids look so cute. Jill & Christian got us this little authentic Hawaiin dress when they went a couple months ago. I got multiple comments on how cute it was--I wish she could wear it longer, she's just growing so fast.

I found this $1 bubble wand at wal-mart and Stetson goes BALISTIC whenever I bring it out. This kid LOVES bubbles. Especially when all the other kids inthe complex run over and chase bubbles with him.

7 comments:

Jill Asay said...

She looks so cute in her dress! It looks like Stetson got a hair cut...he looks mighty handsome! Yay for Kandace sleeping throught the night! Want to come and train Travis...this kid is a nightmare!!

Unknown said...

Kandace and Stetson are so adorable. Isn't having a girl fun! I love your pictures.

Kimberly said...

I love all the pictures! You're so good at posting them. I'm so jealous of Kandace already sleeping through the night. Hailey and Kennedy took forever to do it, and so I'm already worried about this next baby being the same way. Good luck with the potty-training thing! You can do it!

The Simmons Six said...

So what is the plan after the 3rd of june. Have you made any decisions yet? We would love to have you around here for awhile

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

You have such a cute family! It would be fun if we crossed paths this summer.

laura said...

Thanks for the advice. I am just like you, I can't sleep with the baby in the room! I am glad Kandace is sleeping through the night. I agree, that dress is adorable!!

Jeff and Kim Foulger said...

Emily, what a gorgeous family!! You are such a darling mommy and i love your new hairstyle. It's so fun to see all your cute pics. Luvs, Aunt Kim