Monday, April 13, 2009

2 months

Last Friday Kandace turned 2 months old. She has been a really good baby--her temperament is a lot different than Stetson's was it seems. Stetson cried a lot more (EVERY time we changed his diaper, bathed him, etc.) She doesn't cry as much and just seems pretty "cool" about things. :) We're totally smitten by her and so overjoyed to have her.
She had her 2 month appointment this morning and she is 10 lbs. 3 oz (wow) and in the 30 something percentile for her weight but her height is 23 in. and she's in the 75th percentile for that, which didn't surprise me too much because she's growing out of her 0-3 so fast. Anyway, they did 3 shots and I heard the sadest cry I've ever heard-broke my heart.

She has slept from about 10pm - 6 or 7am the last 3 days and that has been great--I give all the credit to a Baby Wise--a book written by 2 peditrians who teach you how to "sleep train/schedule" your baby. Its been a huge blessing to us and I don't know how other moms do it. I asked my pediatrician about scheduling and he said he's all for it and he goes by the "Ferber method." Ferber is a doctor whose dedicated like his whole life to studying babies and sleep. I'm going to try to find the book this weekend when we go to Cheyanne. Anyway, I feel like I could write a book on scheduling I've thought so much about it and talked to so many other moms about it. I am definitely all for it and could give a hundred reasons why I'm a believer.
We got Kandace some pacifires a while back because she likes to suck on our pinky and our pinkies were getting sore so we bought the pacifers and told ourselves we'd just use them for "emergency situations" but we've been using them for more than "emergencies." :) Its nice when we travel or go out to eat. I also asked the dr. about that and he said he thinks they're great--they're suppoesd to reduce SIDS and babies find comfort in the sucking motion and its better in my opinion for them to be sucking on a pacifire than me all the time. :) The only thing is you have to deal with getting rid of it down the road. Anyway, its been a lifesaver for us and we're going to use it while we can.
Anyway, one of these days I'm going to do a post about BabyWise and give some info because some people have asked about it and I'm happy to share my experiences with it.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

They sure grow fast, don't they? She's a beautiful little girl!

Emily S. said...

We loved the pacifier with both boys and they seemed to give them up rather easily!! Although I know that isn't the case with all kids, but I say they are a huge blessing at this young age!!

Em said...

Emily I thought since you mentioned binky's I thought I would just add a side note, since we just got rid of Paiglee's at 2 1/2 plus years I recommend to just get rid of it when the are around a year or so don't wait much longer than that they get too attached and it is even harder for the parents to get rid of. But I am a big binky fan.

ozzmom said...

I agree with scheduling I had to put Tazz on one the first 3 months were horrible and now he is a way better baby. Ozz put himself on a schedule so that was very easy for me. Tazz goes off and on about the pacifier like every other week he will take and sometimes he won't he would rather suck on his hands. But I agree take it away when you wean from breast feeding at 1 year. She is so big now and so cute she still looks like you and sounds like she is going to be tall just like you too.

Aspen said...

I can't believe she is two months already! She's so cute! Thanks for mentioning that book. I had a heck of a time with Vance and sleeping at first. I will have to read it for future babies!!

laura said...

I am glad she has been such a good baby. I am hoping my second will come calmer then my first! That is such a cute picture of her big smile. I remembered reading about the cyst when you were pregnany with Kandace and it helped me to know she was okay (even though it ended up being nothing for us). I started reading Baby Wise before Tylie and I stopped because it just seemed like common sense stuff but I should read the whole thing. Sounds like it has helped you alot!

Ranee` said...

We got rid of A.J.'s pacifier at one year and he did great. It was rough for a couple weeks, but after that it was fine. Jax is doing well getting rid of his too. I would die without the pacifier!! I kind of have a theory about second babies because Jax seemed a lot calmer, too. I think that with number 2 you don't worry so much and you're not so uptight so the baby is calm, because babies can sense your emotions.

Tracy said...

What a beautiful little girl you have and I cannot believe she is already two months old!! Love hearing about your cute little family!!

I still miss our V.T. days!! :-)