Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You have to try this

O.K. friends, here's the deal. So you've all been to Johnny Carinos, right?? It's like the Olive Garden. Well Johnny Carinos serves that warm bread w/ oil and those yummy crunchy things, right? Thats what I thought they were, but they're crisp roast garlic and I bought some today at Wal-mart in the spice section. I also bought some artisan garlic bread (any grocery with a decent bakery will have some bread that would be good for this). Well I brought it home and re-created the Johnny Carinos appetizer. It was so good. You just drizzle some olive oil onto like a butter plate, sprinkle some crisp roast garlice onto it and voila! Just dip the bread of your choice into the mixture. Its so good.


Among other things, Stetson has recently graduated to one nap a day. He used to take one at 10 am and 3pm, but now he's just taking an afternoon nap, right after lunch. Well today on the way back from Wal-mart, I was trying with everything I had to keep him awake so he'd take his afternoon nap. Well he might have slept for like 15 seconds, I don't know. His eyelids were pretty heavy, but I was trying to keep my eyes on the road. I KNOW he wasn't asleep for that long. ANYWAY, so we came home, had lunch, I brought the groceries in, (yes in that order, in Wyoming you can leave your groceries outside for a while because its like a fridge outside). Then I laid Stetson down, (he usually is EXHAUSTED by this time and just goes right to sleep) he cried for like a minute, then nothing. Silence. Phew!! Is what I thought at least. Then like 5-10 minutes later, I hear this weird sound. He was rolling his hands against the rails of his crib or something. So yeah, no nap because he slept in the car for 15 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm over exaggerating of course and not really that upset about it, but it boggles my mind.


Anyway, all I have to say is, for the love. Thats what our old high school buddy Shmadam (Adam) Clark would say and it was hilarious (does he still say it, Ranee'?). Shannon and Shayla will appreciate this if they're cool enough to read my blog. I just have to add one more thing..I rented Pride & Prejudice on Friday. I won't tell you how many times I watched it, but I LOVE that movie!! I think you have to watch it a couple times to pick up on the lingo, among other things, but I think its such a good movie. The scenery is beautiful and its just a good flick. Does anyone else love it as much as I do??

6 comments:

Ranee` said...

Yes, from time to time he'll still pop that one out, but you know Adam, he comes up with a new phrase every week! I hear you on the whole catnap thing! A.J. does it all the time and then he's CRAZY the rest of the day! As for P&P (I'm a Jane Austen afficianado so i feel I can safely use the abbreviation for that AWESOME movie) it is very, very, very great. The book is best! (Same thing though, you have to get into the language, so it takes a little bit) and then there's another version of the book. It was originally a miniseries on BBC/A&E, so it's like five hours long, but still every bit as great as the feature length one. I highly reccomend it if you liked this one. But still, the one with Kiera Knightly is awesome. I own it and watch it once a month.

Lauren said...

Yes, Johnny Carinos is so good. Glad that you "copied" their yummy recipe. I'll maybe have to try it. :) I totally know how you feel about the 1 nap thing. Taggart has been doing it for awhile now. If I can hold him off until 2, he'll sleep until 5, then bedtime at 8. Naps are so hard, but very necessary! Yes, Pride and Prejudice is a great movie. I've only seen it once, but I'm sure that I could watch it over and over, too.

jsmbbaker said...

I can't remember if I've seen the Kiera Knightly version or not! I'll have to rent that one... but the nap thing- I know it sucks. Brensyn does that same thing. Kies isn't so bad, I can usually talk him into going back to sleep- but there's not talking Brensyn into it... so if I see him dosing I have to yell at him- BRENSYN! WAKE UP BUDDY... LET'S SING A SONG WOO HOO! and then I proceed to yell a song at him while he glares at me! HA HA HA!

Erin said...

I love Pride and Prejudice! I own the 5 hour A&E version. I think it is the ultimate chick flick! This is Brenda

nina said...

I love pride and prejudice too. The first time I watched it I was like 10 or ll and I loved it even then. Good stuff.
Oh and by the way, your little boy is so cute, I'm so happy to see that you guys are doing so well.

Anonymous said...

So..official fan of the movie. And..I'm an official blogger now...so mine isn't as extensive as yours...but we can still be friends, right?