Thursday, March 27, 2008

I love facebook!!

<
<-Northern California
So, some buddies from high school apparently found me using the "friend finder" and added me to their list, which is great, because now we can keep in touch and share pictures, so I thought maybe I could find some of my old buddies from Santa Rosa, and I DID!!

Can't even tell you how excited I am. I started with Jenna Swaney, one of my best friends in SR. I just typed her in and voila, there she was. Sa-weet. So I clicked on "view friends" (it shows all her friends) and I ended up finding another way good friend from SR, Amy Richardson, then 2 more friends. Anyway, I ended up finding like 10-15 friends from SR (one of them was Jamie Funk Cook), so now I can catch up with them and get their numbers and be friends again!! Wew hoo!!

I have been so blessed with good friends. It makes me think of a quote that goes something along the lines of, "God knows us and he knows our needs, but it is usually through the actions of another person that he meets those needs." A wise high school basketball coach once told me during state bball tournament in Casper, WY "...remember these times, these memories you're making, because you'll never get to do them again." I remember thinking, oh whatever, type of thing, but now I miss some old times with my friends SOOO badly, especially friends I don't see anymore.
I was telling my dad the other day, that when I look back on my childhood, I sometimes can't believe I had it so good, and that it wasn't all a dream. I miss Santa Rosa so bad. :(

2 comments:

Em said...

Emily,

Well if you ever do get a gun I know a website that has guns for real cheap and brandnew and a place to rate guns. Very funny about the whole mix up with words, I would have eventually got it.

Laura said...

Haha! I remember Jaime Funk! That is so cool! Hey tell Todd and Emily to open their blog so I can see. :)