Saturday, April 16, 2016

Red Lodge 2016

A few weeks ago I took the oldest two to Red Lodge.  I'd heard on the Radio that it was closing March 27, so we went the 26, which was Saturday.  Michael had heard from co-workers that they were closing even sooner because of the lack of snow this year, but I called to make sure they were open and they were.  They actually stayed open another weekend because they got dumped on the day we were there.  So besides a couple spills Kandace had, it was a great day.  Kandace had a private lesson right when we got there, which gave Stetson and I to ski together for an hour and a half, then we all 3 went.  I was so impressed watching Kandace skiing with her instructor that I felt like she could be pretty independent. and the first time down just the two of us, she did great. She seemed really in control and then the 2nd time and every time after, she seemed to lose control at the end when she picked up speed and didn't know quite how to stop.  We'll have to work on that.  I wonder if I should get one of those things to hook her to me with a long rope so I can stop her if I need to.
For a break we headed to the lodge for hot chocolate which was a hit with the kids then did a couple more runs then called it a day.


I think these skiiers will be getting goggles and ski masks for Christmas this year (and maybe helmets)

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

Oh you are such a fun mom!