Saturday, April 16, 2016

Kandace's 6th birthday



Oh my beautiful Kandace.  Kandace is a joy and I love her to peices.  She is full of drama and mischief, but we love her to the moon and back and always will.  We decided to do friend parties every other year so since she did a friend frozen party last year, it was time for a family party.  We gave her several options of what we could do as a family, but she is like her mom and can't decide on anything to save her life, so we said we'd surprise her.  On the big day Michael took her to lunch and I brought dirt/pudding/worm cups for her to share with her class.  They don't like the moms to come in and make it a big deal so parents can send treats with their student or just drop them off, which is what I did.  After school, I took Kandace to In Good Glazes which is a DIY art place here where you can do canvas paintings, ceramics, pottery, mosaics and more. Its really pricey but I thought Kandace would like it and she did.  We still need to hang it up in her room,  After that we did Red Robin for dinner then home for her fruit pizza dessert since she's such a fruit fanatic.  The kids ate the fruit off their peice and didn't really care for the cookie or frosting, so I ate it for them. :)  She got a girl lego kit and some snow gear, none of which impressed her so that was a downer but oh well.  I struggle with knowing what to get my kids each year--I know what they "want" but because of tight living quarters and too much crap in our house, I'm always looking for practical things which definitely doesn't win me the coolest mom award.

No comments: