Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easter 2016

My favorite part of Easter this year was the Monday before Easter when we had our FHE on Easter.  I like using the FHE resource book the church published years ago, and they had a lesson on Easter which I used.  We talked about how the atonement consists of Christ suffering for our sins and being resurrected.  I told a story from the lesson about a family who lost their baby brother and how they found comfort in the plan of salvation and their knowledge that because of Christ, families can be together forever.  We ended with the easter church video which is SO beautiful.  I felt the spirit and I hope the kids did.  I remember it saying "find him."  I want to find Christ and be closer to him.  
We died easter eggs on I think the Thur before Easter.  It was chaos.  Always glad to check that obligatory duty of my to do list.  Saturday Michael had to work so I took the kids to a Billings egg hunt at Lewis and Clark middle school which was madness.  I don't know why I do it.  It was supposed to start at 11, so we got there about 10 til, only to find out the newborn-3 yrs olds didn't start til 11:20, so half hour later, Stahle gets to hunt for her 3 eggs she got (all the parents kept picking up the eggs instead of letting the kids do it) then Janelle's age group was next (she cried because of all the kids) and by Stetson and Kandace's turn we'd found some friends from the Y and went over to where they were (way less crowded) and Stetson and Kandace got a pretty good haul.  I wish we'd found our friends sooner.  But oh well. It is always fun watching toddlers do their first egg hunt.


No comments: