Thursday, October 1, 2015

Stahle turns in one!

On September 22, 2015, our baby Stahle turned one!!  I remember vividly thinking the first week of her life, how it would seem like a blink and all the sudden we'd be celebrating her first birthday and I was right, this year FLEW by.  We enjoy Stahle so much and can't imagine life without her.  We get lots of surprised faces when we tell people how many kids we have and how close together they are and life is totally crazy but I cannot picture life without any of them.  I am so very glad we had this baby and I treasure her and relish in her perfection, especially when I have watched some friends experience miscarriages and stillbirths, I know that these babies are really miracles and I am certainly blessed.

Uh, cake making is not my thang.  But it is Michael's.  I worked all day on Stahle's b-day so he offered to make the cake, which was delicious, and Stahle had no problem digging right in and eating her cake.
 We had Jacobsen's over.  We love them and are grateful for friends.
 Stahle's new trick is standing in her highchair.  It was very alarming to Michael and I at first and we used to rush over to her and try to "save" her, but in true bad parenting, we sort of let it slide now.
 Some things about Stahle:
*I know every mom thinks her baby is THEE cutest, but I have to say, I get so many comments in public places whenever Stahle is in tow.  She is a charmer and likes to flirt and engage with all sorts of people, only from a distance though. She's particular about who gets to hold her.
*She's been weaned for a few days now.  This was bitter sweet for me, mostly bitter though.
*She is a great eater, enjoys yogurt, lots of cheese, water, whole milk, pretty much whatever we give her
*She folds her arms during prayer (Michael taught her)
*Puts her arms out and squeezes her little hands when she wants something
*says ma ma and other short sounds
*loves to put her finger in me and Michael's ears when we hold her.  Weird.
*Loves to touch all our facial features, really.  Our eyes, eye brows, nose.  Some of my other kids used to put hands down our shirts when they were babies, not this one, just up our nostril :)
*loves stroller rides
Happy birthday blondie!

No comments: