Thursday, October 1, 2015

First day of school!

Kids started school end of August, and I'm not gonna lie, after a whole summer of being a single mom, I was ready.  Stetson's teacher is Lauren Riehl, a newer teacher and Kandace's is a very experienced one, Melanie Kimmel.  They are both liking school so far and doing well.  Kandace sings all the songs she learns in music and regular class, and Stetson is working hard on math, adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers.  They both started piano, this time with a new teacher, Carole.  They're doing well.  We always have our struggles though where they don't want to practice and mom almost pulls all her hair out, but Michael is a huge support and we started bribing, er, using incentives for good behavior and practicing the entire time (30 mins a day for Stetson and 15 mins a day for Kandace).  It is A LOT.  I think the piano teacher does about 5% and I do the rest.  Its a lot of work but so rewarding I think!  I am excited for them when they progress and I see them enjoying it.




No comments: