Sunday, April 19, 2015

general women's broadcast, matching dresses and race cars

This pic of the girls was taken March 29, which I think was the day after the general relief society broadcast, which is always one of the most spiritual meetings I go to.  I went with my friend Melinda who has become a pretty good friend lately.  The meeting was awesome.  Michael's aunt, Cheryl Esplin is in the general primary presidency and she talked about creating a home filled with light.  She talked about how this is not an easy thing to do, and it requires lots of effort.  It felt good to hear that, because yes, it does take great effort and we are still trying.  I had the prompting to talk to my kids more about the gospel, and my testimony.  I felt like I should tell Kandace how much I want her to get married in the temple and how important good choices and covenants are.  We were sitting at the park just a couple days ago and I remembered I wanted to talk to her about these things.  I told her that I hope she gets married in the temple one day but she has to get ready now, by reading her scriptures and going to church and making good choices.  We talked about how the person she marries will also need to live a righteous life and be worthy.  Kandace says: "So I can't marry a robber?"  Me: Umm..no.  I took this girl with me to the missionary fireside and it was sweet and special to have just her.  Its good for me and my kids when we get some one on one time.
The pinewood derby was actually the first weekend in March, but they give trophies out at the individual pack meetings.  Stetson officially got 2nd somehow, in some rank, but just between you and me, he got almost last in every heat I watched at the derby.  Haha.  No matter, I'm super happy he got this trophy.  It made his day.  Making the car was kind of a hot mess with Michael being gone so much, but the smile on this boy's face made it all worth it.

No comments: