Sunday, April 19, 2015

easter

Our easter was pretty low key this year.  I am getting lazier as a mom.  I wasn't even that great about talking to my kids about the real meaning, which we did do at FHE at least. and we've talked about it for their whole lives, so hopefully its sticking.  For FHE I showed the mormon message the church put out "because he lives."  I miraculously got it to load from my phone onto our TV and it worked like a gem.  I couldn't believe it worked.  The video is so beautiful.  I cried when I talked to the kids about the Savior and his death and resurrection.  That weekend, Michael got to come home but had to spend all day replacing the shocks on his KIA.  Life has definitely been hectic.  Dying eggs was not that awesome for me.  Michael was outside the whole time so I was left to manage the insanity.  Spilled dye, crying children, but we did it and they had fun and we got to eat hard boiled eggs for weeks and weeks.  Yay.
General Conference was easter Sunday.  I took Kandace with me to the church for the 1st session so I could actually get something out of it.  Michael and I are trying to read a talk a day and tell each other what we liked about it.  General Conference is one of my favorite things.  I'm always touched by the spirit and feel so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that ALWAYS offers me second chances, and real lasting peace and happiness
We decorated this cake on Sunday morning.

No comments: