Monday, April 20, 2015

zoo, missionaries, special musical #s

Janelle at the zoo
Me and Stahle after church yesterday
my little artist/performer
I am playing catchup on the blog.  Today is the first day of the 4th week of Michael's rotation in Casper.  He likes it and we're grateful the Johnson's offered to let him stay with them.  Saves us a lot of money.  Life is sure busy.  I go to the Y every MWF and as soon as we get back we hit the ground running trying to catch up with the every day stuff.  Stahle is our little angel but takes a lot of work.  Her am nap isn't very long especially with us being out and about most mornings, but her afternoon one is a couple hours, which is great.  I have certain days for certain jobs at home trying to keep things orderly and clean (still a struggle).  I always think how amazing it would be to have a housekeeper!  To think that some people have always had one.  I wonder what it would be like.  I'm trying to help Janelle learn all her letters.  She's doing better.  She gave her first talk in primary yesterday.  She was excited to do it and kept asking all through church she could give her talk.  I sang in sacrament with Emily Duncan, an excellent soprano in our ward.  Bro Angell, the music chairperson asked if I would play a piano solo but I asked if I could do a duet with someone instead. A few days before we were supposed to sing, Emily had a family emergency so Kandace got to sing instead! I accompanied her and she sang " I know that my Savior Loves me."  She did so good.  A lot of people can't believe that she'd get up and sing in front of that many people.  I think since we've been singing a lot at our house from a young age, she doesn't get too nervous, and she's seen Stetson do it.  She is quite the charmer and stole a lot of hearts that day.
The picture of her above is by her message she made for the "mesenarys" when they came to have dinner with us.  Couldn't get the whole pic to load.  So back to the very discombobulated story, Emily Duncan and I finally sang our duet yesterday, "I know that my Redeemer Lives."  I've sung it a hundred times with lots of different people but it was a treat to sing it with Emily.  She majored in music and is very good.
The first pic is of Janelle at the zoo.  We went last Friday right after spinning.  We met Jill Clemow and Melinda Jacobson.  Melinda and I have hung out a lot lately.  She lives close to Rose Park so we'll meet there quite a bit.  Her little boy Henry is Janelle's age so they have fun together.  As weird as this sounds, ts nice to have a friend with only one kid because her and her husband Steven are sure handy with their extra set of hands whenever we go anywhere together.

No comments: