Thursday, July 17, 2014

Stetson finished 1st grade

We're out of order here and I'll get this in the right spot when I print my book but I wanted to mention how awesome Stetson's 1st year of school in Montana was.  The first month or so I had my doubts as he definitely experienced an adjustment period to moving and everything, but Mrs. Paulson's comments about his progress just kept getting better and better throughout the year.  She might say these amazing things about all her students but it sure felt great when she said it about Stetson.  She talked the most about his writing.  She held onto a lot of his writing assignments to show to other teachers and to use as future examples.  I'm being a bragger, sorry.  I'm almost done.  He was recommended for a gifted program called extended studies.  You have to score at or above the 95th percentile for math and reading and he just barely missed it.  His letter said we should be proud that he was even recommended for the program and Mrs. Paulson thinks he can be re-tested next year.  
Mrs. Paulson was great.  A tender mercy really that he wound up with her.  This was her last year of teaching for thirty something years but she didn't seem burnt out at all.  Stetson adored her.  Here's her comments about Stetson for the last quarter:

What a wonderful year Stetson has had!  It has been a joy to watch him learn and grown.  Stetson works hard and goes above and beyond all expectations, especially in writing!  I love the fact that he has strong convictions and is not easily influenced by others.  He is very kind and caring to his classmates and has become quite a leader.  Stetson will always have a special place in my heart!  

No comments: