Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Foulger Family Reunion 2014

 Last Thursday (7.3.2014), me, Stetson and Kandace drove to Cody and hopped in with Joel & Kambrie in their car and rode to Park City for our Foulger Family reunion.  I'd actually decided I wasn't going to go because I didn't want to go by myself (Michael had class) but Joel said we could go with him last minute so we bumped Janelle's b-day party up a day so we could do both!  We realized at Thermop that I'd left my bag in the van at Joel's place in Cody (whoops) so we picked up a few essentials at one of the Wal-marts along the way and it worked out fine.  We got there in the evening, said our hellos and went back to our cabin where I shared a room with my 2 HS age cousins, my neice and Kandace.  It was awesome.  The next morning we had a big breakfast at our cabin that Matt fixed for everyone, then me and my kids went to the Park City 4th of July parade with mom, Elizabeth, Fallon and her kids.  I realized I love parades a lot more when they're in my home town and I know everyone on the floats.
 After that, Fallon and I ran to get Cafe Rio and some extra white t-shirts for the kids to tye dye.  I had to bribe Kandace and Stetson to wear theirs for the family pics.  Later that afternoon, me, Laura, Rachel, her boyfriend Tyson, aunt Lisa, Gabi and Tylie went back to our cabin where there's a pool and the kids went swimming.  My kids thought Tyson was the coolest and loved racing him in the water.  Rachel and Laura thought it was so funny to watch Kandace swim.  They said she's just like me because she plugs her nose when she jumps in.  Didn't everyone do that when they were little?!  Whatever.
 Rachel and her millionaire boyfriend.  He won Survivor this year and they were both on the show.  I only watched until Rachel got kicked off which wasn't that many episodes.
 Kandace, Gabi (my uncle Brad's daughter), Tylie (Laura's oldest) and Stetson
 one of the races
 Here's all the grandkids and greats.  We tried to do one with just gma Foulger and the grand kids but a lot of the great grand kids are older than the grand kids (my uncles like to have their babies late:) so we just threw everyone in.  It was awesome.
 L-R: Greg, mom, Jeff, Brad & Matt & Gma Foulger.  I miss the old gma.  She doesn't remember my name but recognizes my face.  My best childhood memories are get togethers with the Foulgers.  When we lived in CA we were close enough geographically to get together with most everyone so we had lots of sleepovers at gmas, trips to Marine World and trips to Pleasanton.  My gpa John died pretty young so I can really appreciate all the effort my gma put forth to keep the family strong and together.  Family was the most important thing to her and she always put family above herself.
4 generations.  Gma, Mom, Kandace, me and another baby girl to add to the generation pic. :)

No comments: