Saturday, March 1, 2014

Winter in Billings

 I was actually looking forward to moving to Billings for the slightly "milder" weather they get, or so I'd heard.  Its ironic that this has actually been one of the worst winters recorded in Billings. Last I heard it was ranked 4th in terms of severity and quantity of snow.  Who knows, maybe since the lats 2 days its made its way up to no.1  :)  And every time I wake up to freezing temps and blizzarding snow and poor road conditions, I throw around the idea of not taking Kandace to school or skipping out on other regular activities but we usually end up going anyway and it always surprises me that the weather doesn't seem to slow anybody else down, either.  Except spinning at the Y was pretty sparse yesterday.  I definitely didn't want to miss one of my only excuses to get out of the house.
 It was -5 this morning when I took Stetson to his bball game and its been snowing non-stop since yesterday.  Our little porch has at least 2 feet of snow on it.  BUT, spring is just around the corner, and in fact, Tuesday is supposed to be in the forties.  I try and go on walks to the park when the temps come up because I need to get out of this house!  We are beyond ready for warmer weather here.  I've only gotten stuck a couple times (once in the turning lane on grand) whoops.   Luckily and miraculously I just shifted into reverse and back into drive  a couple times and got out but yeah.  I see people stuck all over Billings.  Its always heart warming when you see other people have gotten out of their cars to help push.  Michael had to drive over to where I drop Kandace's friend off from preschool and help me get unstuck.  My friend Misti even poured kitty litter to help us get unstuck. Michael is a pro though and got us unstuck easy peasy.


No comments: