Saturday, March 1, 2014

Poor nella and her thumb

About a month ago Janelle got a UTI so we filled her up with cranberry juice and other liquids and it passed thankfully.  Not shortly after she got a cold and then got bumps on her tongue and 1 strange blister type on her thumb.  We thought it must be what she had when she was 1, which was hand foot and mouth so we thought.  Michael took her in while I stayed home with the other two to have her throat cultured for strep which came back negative so we ruled that out and just tried to treat the symptoms for hand foot n mouth which is putting orajel on her tongue which helped her eat a little better.  This has been going on for weeks it seems like and while her tongue is better, the blister on her thumb got infected so Thur. we took her into an MD at Billings clinic who was actually an orthopedic surgeon that Michael's professor (also an orthopedic surgeon) hooked us up with.  I wish we had a pediatrician but anyway he drained it and gave us some antibiotics which she takes 3xs a day and we soak it in hydrogen peroxide and water 3 xs a day.  So much fun.  She's been getting back to her afternoon naps (I usually lay on her floor until she falls asleep) and this has seemed to help her sleep through the night which I am so excited for.  Michael and I were both utterly exhausted from getting up 4-5 times a night with her.  I was sure I was going to wake up one morning with gray hair and giant bags under my eyes.  I've learned a new trick which I'm not sure if it makes me old or just means I'm sleep deprived but now, Michael isn't the only one who can fall asleep sitting up in the chair.  I always thought it was impressive that Stan and Michael could fall asleep anywhere no matter what.  One more thing to add to my resume I guess. :)

2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Glad to hear she is on the mend!

Mark & Shayla said...

Poor girl! It was so good to see you guys! We will have to get together again soon.