Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas morning part II (Dads)

We usually head to dad's Christmas morning for breakfast and present opening.  Every year dad reads a story about the Christmas box.  Its a special story that I love and it brings Christ back into Christmas.  If we ever don't get to see dad on Christmas, I'll be sure to re-create it at our house. 

Zach & Trav

Woah


Cole got a tablet like me.  For Christmas this year, dad went through all his slides and put them in chronological order and had them put on a CD where he's actually narrating it telling us the dates, people, places, etc.  Michael and I watched it last night and it was awesome.  The CD goes from dad's mission up to November '83, shortly after my birth.  First of all, my mom is BEAUTIFUL.  She had her kids really close together and you can see her and dad aging as the slides progress, but they were vigilant in providing for and nurturing their family.  Dad was super active in scouting from the get-go, was called as bishop of the SR 2nd ward as a young father, mom had 4 of her 7 children at home, they traveled, waterskiied, had goats, experimented with home schooling, remodeled their house and more.  I'm excited for the next CD hopefully coming next Christmas!

No comments: