Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

This year Michael had to work Christmas Eve but I was given strict instructions to go take part in the gnokie festitivies without my darling husband so that I could bring some back to him.  He was actually just on call, but he has to be a 1/2 hr from the hospital and Asays is too far so he hung out at home while we were making gnokies at Asays and he got called out right about the same time I left to bring him his gnokies.  We then headed to Todd & Emily's for fajitas and a short program.  I love family traditions and hope that me and my family can have strong traditions too.  I think a lot about what kinds of traditions me and family can have since most of the ones we do now are with extended family.  Just a little pre-dinner wrestling

great gma Asay is a gnokie veteran.  It was her husband, Harris Asay who started the gnokie tradition years ago when he came back from his mission in Argentina where gnokies were popular.




PJ unwrapping was not a roaring success for us this year.  This is a super fun tradition that Asays have always done, and we did it this year in our home.  Stetson wasn't impressed with the boring "clothes" and threw them down and said he was throwing them away.  Kandace on the other hand was delighted.  Michael got home around 9:30 that night after the kids were in bed but he got to play Santa's helper at least.


No comments: